Rain gutters are quite essential for house as they dispose the rain water away from the house. Installing the rain gutters is not enough; you also need to opt for proper maintenance of it. Rain gutters are quite easy to install, you can hire professional plumber for the installation as well as repair and maintenance of the rain gutters. There are various companies which provide plumbing services. Some of the plumbing services provided by plumbing companies are listed below –
- Installation of boiler, combi-boiler, central heating system.
- Installation of bathroom utensils. Wet rooms etc.
- Installation of water pipes, faucets etc.
- Cleaning and installation of guttering system.
In addition to the services listed above, there are various other services provided by the professional plumbers like repairs of pipes, replacement of pipes, dealing with frozen pipes etc.
Ensure proper installation of your plumbing system
Gutters must be properly installed; otherwise you may have to face additional mess in your house. Few of the things that you need to keep in mind for the proper installation of guttering system are listed below –
- Size of gutter – the size of the gutters must be in accordance to your house. For the calculation of the gutter size you need to take into consideration the intensity of the rainfall and the area of your house. You can easily calculate the size of gutter online.
- Angle your gutter – your gutters need to be slightly tilted in order to take the rainwater down to the downspout. Ensure that your gutter is correctly angled. It is advisable not to make guess and use perfect measurement and a chalk line.
- Place of downspout – place of downspout is another important consideration. Downspout should be placed away from the house, so that the water cannot get into the foundation of your house. You also need to consider the angle of the gutter for placing the downspout at the correct position.
- Proper seal – installation of gutter might seem to be an easy task but it is exactly not. Once the gutter is being installed by the professional ensure that all the connectors, downspout, gutter pieces etc. are properly connected and sealed with each other so that they may not get loose easily as well as can hold the gutter in place for a longer period of time.
Opt for hiring the professional and experienced plumbing company, so that you can be sure that the gutter is being properly installed. Remember if gutters are not installed properly, water may overflow, can seep through the roof etc. which will invite another major issue of repairs and replacement. In addition to this select the right type of material. Gutters are available in different materials like plastic, steel, aluminum etc. Thus, know the pros and cons of different type of guttering materials before selecting the one.